#25 F Villanova Wildcats – Junior
2017-2018 Season Average:
- Possesses the ideal frame for an NBA wing, stands at 6-7 and has a 7-0 reach.
- Very solid rebounder at his position; has the ability to record double-doubles.
- Hyperefficient player that doesn’t require the ball in his hands to be effective; shoots a scorching 43.6% from three and 51.2% from the field overall.
- Shown high-level of improvement and development as a player, indicating a strong work ethic.
- Makes 84.8% of his looks from the line, which suggests his shooting is not a fluke.
- Long lanky defender; possesses defensive versatility at the next level.
- Isn’t particularly strong as a slasher, doesn’t take the ball the basket with force; length can often help mitigate finishing struggles but doesn’t have the strength at this point.
- Lacks strong shot-creating ability, Bridges isn’t as efficient when shooting the ball off the dribble compared to spot-up shooting.
- lack of strong shot-creation puts a strict cap on his offensive potential; Bridges could have problems punishing mismatches at the next level.
- Doesn’t have the vision to make great passes, opts to make safe passes but not creating much offense for other players.
- Lacks poise against double teams; often retreats away from strong doubles.
- Isn’t extremely versatile offensively, Bridges doesn’t have very strong dribbling ability and hasn’t shown consistency posting up.
- As of now, Bridges projects as a strong role player;
- One of the best complementary players in the draft, but not necessarily a talent that a team should build around as of now.
- Has shown excellent defensive versatility at the college level; however, it remains to be seen if Bridges can hold his own against NBA athletes with his somewhat weak frame.
- Would likely not succeed in an offense that requires Bridges to create off the catch or off pick and rolls.
Vs. Gonzaga 28PTS (8/14) (5/9 3PM/3PA) 6REB 0AST 2BLK 1STL
Vs. Seton Hall 23PTS (9/18) (3/8 3PM/3PA) 10REB 4AST 1BLK 3STL
Vs. Temple 7PTS (3/10) (1/4 3PM/3PA) 3REB 2AST 2STL 2BLK 3TO