#22 SF/PF Michigan State – Sophmore
2017-2018 Season Averages
- One of the most explosive athletes in the draft; leaping ability allows for catching lobs and easy putbacks over defenders.
- Strong frame and athleticism make up for average height.
- Swiss army knife on defense; covers ground well and strong enough to stay in front of opposing big men; good defensive rebounder for his size.
- Can punish defenders with quickness and ball-handling as a small ball 4; uses both hands to perform acrobatic finishes; size and mobility make for a dangerous coast-to-coast threat.
- Plays with toughness and intensity; welcomes contact on drives and not afraid to bang with bigger players for rebounds.
- Solid shooter (36.4% from three); dramatically improved his free throw shooting from his freshmen campaign from 68% to 85%.
- A bit of a tweener; lacks ideal size and wingspan to be a 4 in the NBA but does not have the ball skills to be a 3.
- Doesn’t have strong shot creation, which might hinder his offensive potential at the next level; not the primary ball handler and when the ball is in his hands, usually only takes one or two dribbles.
- Could improve on vision and creating for teammates; Does not have a great feel for the game and can force the occasion at times
- Can be turnover prone; has a tendency to be out of control on drives to the basket
- Very high dribble and can get sloppy with the ball in transition; relies on athleticism to get past defender rather than off the dribble.
- Shooting mechanics, although not broken, is not the most efficient; Does not get much lift with legs and
- Uncertain whether his shooting can fully translate to the NBA level given his inconsistency
- Ambidextrous; shoots with the left but goes right on drives; uses right hand as dominant dunk hand.
- Has not shown the improvement expected of him in as a returner at Michigan State
- Played poorly in his last game against Syracuse in the Sweet 16, which might be an indicator of how he might play in high-pressure situations and his issues with consistency.
Vs. Savannah State 19PTs (9-17 FGA/FGM) 21REB 4AST 1PF 2TO
Vs. Houston Baptist 25PTS (11-14 FGA/FGM) (4-7 3PM/3PA) 6REB 5AST 1BLK 1PF 1TO
Vs. Syracuse (Sweet 16) 11PTS (4-18 FGA/FGM) (3-12 3PM/3PA) 6REB 0AST 2PF 0TO