#44 F/C Texas A&M – Sophmore
DOB: October 17, 1997
2017-2018 Season Averages
- Athletic prowess is tantalizing; has once in a generation, launching pad, head-over-the-rim leaping ability.
- Interesting physical tools; has a huge 7-5.5ft wingspan and broad shoulders; Is physically ready for the NBA.
- Strong finished around the rim; good hands and coordination to catch dump passes for easy finishes around the rim; Athleticism and length allow for explosive dunks under the basket and a constant lob target.
- Has quickness and agility to beat defenders down the court in transition, which often leads to easy buckets.
- Crashes offensive boards
- Defensive presence around the rim; Impact most notable on defense where he can rotate quickly and use leaping ability to block shots from the weak side; blocks a good amount of perimeter shots.
- Solid vision for someone his size; has shown the ability to spot shooters on the opposite corner, pass out of the short roll, and facilitate in the high post or on handoffs.
- Very limited offensive player; Low post scoring needs a lot of work; Lacks any advanced maneuvers in the post and relies on the right hand too much.
- Has shown a lack of physicality, which is troubling for someone of his size and skillset; Does not show toughness boxing out for defensive rebounds.
- Could do a better job of getting low and sticking with guards on the perimeter.
- Shown flashes but still a liability in terms of shooting; Went 0-12 on threes for the season.
- Poor shooting will likely translate to the next level as suggested by his 59 % FT percentage.
- Has not made the leap that scouts have hoped for in his sophomore campaign; Has he plateaued as a player? How much can he actually improve?
- Offense mainly consists of easy finishes around the rim; Seems reluctant to take any shots that are outside of the paint; Does not run a lot of pick and roll.
- Williams’ physical tools suggest that he can be the next prototypical small-ball big man.
- Williams was once projected to be a stretch big in his freshman year but his jump shot has yet to materialize.
- The position Williams will play in the NBA still remains unclear; Has the potential to be a solid forward but has not shown enough shooting and perimeter skills.
- Role player potential; Can play in the Clint Capela/Steven Adams role.
Vs. Ole Miss 18PTS (8-9 FGA/FGM) 9REB 2AST 2BLK 2PF 2TO
Vs. Arkansas 20PTS (10-13 FGA/FGM) 14REB 2STL 3BLK 1PF 1TO
Vs. Arizona 4PTS (2-6 FGA/FGM) 7REB 2AST 2REB 2BLK 2STL 2TO